Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Music throughout a lifetime

I came up with this conclusion about music being so prominent in my life. I have always loved music, ever since I was little. I was always the one that listened to a CD constantly until I knew all the lyrics to every song. My sister has always come to me to find out what lyrics were or to get new music. I cannot even being to explain how much I love music and how much it has changed my life. I feel like saying that I love music is an understatement but it is the biggest emotion I can put to it.

So here is my conclusion:

Music is one of the (if not the) only constant thing in my life. It has always been there. From when I was little listening to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in the car with my dad, to now when I listen to anything from Switchfoot to Justin Timberlake to Kenny Chesney and everything in between. No matter how old I was or what phase I was in in my life music has always been there. It has kind of become a comfort/safety thing. It doesn't matter if the song is something as personal as Concrete Girl or something that I can dance to in my car like Sexyback, I have always listened to music. I love music, its one of the most honest forms of expression I can think of. It says everything that I can't figure out how to put into words. I know that my love and passion for music is something that not everyone understands. I don't get why people are so passionate about sports but it's whatever you want. This is just my conclusion and its something that has been on my mind since Sunday and I had to get it all out of my head so that some other random thought can come through and sit there until I decide to get it all out again.

No comments: