Monday, March 4, 2013

DBU

So I've been at DBU for about half a semester. It's been going great so far. I still have some motivation issues but nothing like when I was at TCC. I really feel like when I move over here it'll be a lot easier for me to concentrate. When I'm here I'm focused. I do my work and go to class. But when I'm at home I still don't feel any motivation to do anything regarding school. I just want to sit around and do other things. When I'm at school everyone around me is here for the same reason I am so it's easy for me to study because everyone else is studying too. At home I'm the only one and there are so many distractions between the television, books, my phone, Facebook, and Twitter that the last thing I want to do is anything that has to do with school. I don't want to screw this up. I've been trying to get over here for 4 years and I'm not going to do the same crap I've been doing. It's not a community college it's a university. I can't screw around here. I wish I was over here everyday because I know that would help but I don't have the money to buy gas to come over here everyday. I can barely afford to come over here 3 days a week.

I feel like not being over here is keeping me from meeting people and joining in on the "college experience." There is always things going on on campus but they all start at like 9:30 and I'm not driving all the way over here and then all the way home to Fort Worth at 2 am. It's like everyone has their friends and I'm just sitting here trying to get through the day. Don't get me wrong I am SO incredible happy to be over here and I love being on campus but it does get lonely. And with DBU being such a small school it's like every one has their groups and I just have to figure out where I fit in.

I know this is where I'm supposed to be. Everything fell into place way to perfectly. I know it was all God doing it. I am trusting that this is where I am supposed to be because nothing happens that perfectly without God having something to do with it. I just have to keep going and see where I get to.

No comments: